Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring

Spring is here and the Daffodils know it. It's a beautiful day here in Paris. My morning has just begun while I sip my cup of ginger tea and blog. Ah! Can it get finer than this. Just the mention of Daffodils brings in the beautiful poem of Wordsworth:

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

If you are by the Seine in Paris, you can see the spring in full bloom. Rows of Daffodils and Tulips by the lake or beneath the tree. Flowers and just flowers everywhere! After a dreadful winter season, we finally get to see the sun, the green grass, flowers and smiling people. That's true, people smiling at you as they say 'bonjour' while getting on to their business.

And I remember Pete Seeger's song 'And the green grass grew all around, all around'! Pete Seeger, one of my favorite singers.Though this song is for kids, I find it equally good for adults.

Anyway, this is one difference that I see between spring and winter. While Winters bring the gloomy and sad look, Spring just makes you smile. Vive le Printemps!!

I guess I'm going to bike today. Can't resist the temptation of biking in such a marvelous weather and enjoy the Daffodils and Tulips even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment