Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just a thought

Yesterday while chatting, one of my friends mentioned, how surprised she was to read my stories as she had never imagined a girl who had majored in science could also be a wordsmith! 

Well, her remark flattered me a bit but it also left me astound and I was completely petrified of her naive and guileless assumption. It really got me thinking about all my longtime buddies who are doing excellent in scientific world and at the same time are also outstanding writers. So, does being a science major and also being a writer not qualify? I don't think so because any person having a passion for books can, to an extent, push a pencil.

I love reading books and that being the sole reason that I can put pen to paper. Books just transport me to a wonderland and often I find myself getting lost in the pages. Reading a fiction book gives me the liberty to imagine and believe me, getting your hands on to good books always make your smile a little wider and your life a little brighter. It makes mine!

At the risk of sounding nerdy, my idea of a holiday would be to be with a pile of books, my couch and my  playlist and of course my man to whom I can read aloud the interesting lines and paragraphs though sometimes I do behave normal and love to go out on to the beautiful beaches and mountains but....yeah, you guessed it right, with a book.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Manisha, I beleive that u are downplaying your talent by saying that anyone with a passion for reading can write!!!!!! NO WAY! One has to be creative and one has to know how to use words. Simply knowing words and their meanings and putting them to actual use are two different things!

    So please do not be so humble and declare proudly that YES I CAN WRITE TOO !!(and thats another one of my many talents!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Manisha, do not downplay your talent by writing that anyone with a passion for reading can write! I absolutely do not agree with you on that. Just knowing the words and their meanings do not make anyone a writer. There is a world of difference between knowing them and putting them into use.
    So girl, go tell the world that YES U HAVE THE TALENT!!!! (amongst many others!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! Shalaka, this has to be you! yeah, you have a reason there. But, you know quite well how I took to writing and how this blog came into existence. Still, find it hard to believe that I'm writing. I do not know about talent but yeah definitely it is something that gives me relief.

    ReplyDelete